Who could imagine years ago what to eat frozen could contribute many health benefits, because for a long time these were pointed out as one of the great culprits of obesity and the deterioration of our health, mainly due to the large number of sugar they usually have.
However, this is an excuse that currently has no reason to be, since there are many recipes that offer very healthy alternatives, this is the case of sugar free chocolate ice cream, a preparation with great properties and many benefits for our body.
How to prepare a healthy chocolate ice cream?
The best thing about this recipe is that we will not need a refrigerator and in the same way we will have a fairly creamy ice cream.
- 150 gr of sugar-free dark chocolate
- 360 milliliters of whipping cream
- 200 milliliters of skim milk or vegetable milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon of stevia
- Vanilla essence
Preparation in six steps
- First, the chocolate must be grated or cut, and then added to the milk and taken to the kitchen to melt and mix over medium heat, as it melts it must be stirred.
- The next step is to separate, beat the egg yolks together with the stevia and a few drops of the vanilla essence, so that when they are well integrated, they can be added in the form of a thread to the melted chocolate mixture.
- While the mixture is being added, it must be stirred slowly with a manual mixer, everything until the mixture is thick, with a texture similar to that of pastry cream.
- In a separate container, whip the cream, beating it with the whisk.
- The previous mixture is added progressively, as enveloping movements are made with a spatula or large plastic spoon, if desired, small pieces of chocolate can be added in this step.
- Pour the fine mixture into a rectangular mold or container and take it to the refrigerator, stirring it every 40 minutes, as this prevents it from crystallizing so it becomes creamier.
After about 5 hours the ice cream will be ready to be served, it should only be removed from the cold about 3 minutes before serving.
A portion is served in an individual plate and if desired it is sprinkled with a little cocoa but without sugar.
Benefits of this recipe
There are many benefits that we can acquire from this recipe, especially since the great protagonist is pure chocolate, which represents a great source of antioxidants, as well as provides a great variety of minerals.
Dark chocolate helps strengthen the cardiovascular system, as well as improves cognitive function and keeps the skin in a very healthy state, especially by delaying premature aging.
Likewise, dairy products are used that complement the recipe with a good amount of proteins and fats, they also represent a great source of vitamins and minerals that maintain the proper functioning of the body.